Winter Solstice & Tropicana City Mall

Happy Winter Solstice..

Have you had your rice ball a.k.a "Tong Yuen" ?

I had mine. :). I thought I don't have the chance to have any this year. Can't be back home you see. Anyhow, tis afternoon, my housemate decided to make some.. n yay! I got to taste it.

Sometimes it's the little things that count. Simple bowl of "tong yuen". A simple gesture that reminds of home. Home = comfort.

We had a d.i.y steamboat for dinner too. Nothing fancy but it did stuffed me to the max. After makan, I remembered I have to pickup my laundry at the shop, and on my way back, I tot of going shopping for some little presents for christmaas for my housemates. But I have no idea where to go. I dont really want to drive to 1u as it's quite far away and i'm not properly dressed. :P

Then an idea struck me. Tropicana City Mall! It's just round the corner. And the best thing is it's already open. According to my colleague, she went there yesterday and though it's open, many shops aren't open yet.

So i decided to go for a spin. Since the parking is free anyway.
I walked around.. looking for a gift shop but didn't find one. Not many shops are open but some cool outlets like the Shilin's Food Corner, Starbucks and a few has already opened. It's great to know Shilin's is open. Next time i can just drive myself there and "tapao" some rice noodles("meen xin") home. HEHEHEHE.. Finally !! A mall close to home.

According to the information counter, Carrefour would be opening on the 24th of December, a good news for me as.. i dont have to go to Mid Valley anymore. I can just stock up my groceries there. I dont really like to shop at Giant,near Paramout which is also quite a distance away. Also when it rains.. i can skip Giant and go striaght to Tropicana City as there's indoor parking compared to the little Giant where I have to park at the open car park.

Another great thing about Tropicana Mall is that there will be a Sushi Tei outlet opening soon! Finally located the actual site of that restaurant after asking the information counter. It is scheduled to open next year 2009. :D GREAT NEWS! I hope the sushi quality is up to standard hopefully following the good standard of Jakarta. Looking fwd to it really. Another outlet that is quite cool is Wendys.. if I suddenly have cravings of shrimp burger.

See... opening in 2009..


Here's the Christmas Tree


Tropicana City Mall..
I hope that it would realli be as nice as tis..


Alrite.. tat's all folks ! :)

Comments

Popular Posts