Quarter of a Century

Another year older.. I'm now officially a quarter of a century old(Quarter of a century means 25years, FYI.)

Even if it's just a quarter.. matching it up with the word century is really just sooooooooooo extremeely OLD....

My birthday yesterday was nothing fancy but overall good. At abt 12am sharp, smses and messenger messages & facebook comments have been pouring in.. up to the next morning, people start to sms as early at 8am till the evening abt 8pm. Hmm.. 8 to 8.. cool.


My initial plan was to sleep and wake up real late in the afternoon.. but.. all those smses really woke me up a lot but somehow I just dont wana off my phone. Another thing is that, using a motorola phone you have to "read" the sms 1st as it would not stop beeping. It's a great function but can be irritating at times.

Yesterday I had 2 meals.. one was at Salad Bowl. My fav local mix-western restaurant. I'm a patron since I was young. The food there is really good. But to me the banana split is the one that I look forward to. I don't like Bananas.. Really.. But i like banana split.. especially the one from Salad Bowl. This is the only shop where I do have Banana split.. others I usually wont. Don't know why. Maybe it's the childhood memory, the 1st banana split I had was from Salad Bowl. The good taste forever clings to me. I find the simple scoop of vanilla, choc, and strawberry is just fantastic even better than those from Haagan Dazs. Another fav of mine there was the Hokkien Char of Bihun Mee, simply fantastic. I use to love the western but then as I grow older I prefer simple things than fancy ones...

After that I had another round with some of my close frens. We went for Lok Lok, a high class lok lok.. it's in a shop.. not the streets. With air conditionings, cleaner environments etc. It's been a long time since I had any. Lok lok is like a cheaper version of steamboat? I prefer lok lok more than steamboat, as the portion is smaller and u can choose what u want and it is less troublesome, y? cos it minus the difficult to eat stuff like prawns and crabs. The flexibility is there. Also the sauce for lok lok is way better... We were stuffed. We had everything. From fishballs, veges, baby sotongs, jellyfish, to Baby scallops to fake abalones.. Lolz.. Oh ya.. at that moment too.. a CD shop next door was playing some CNY songs... and as we were eating.. it really feels like it's CNY alredi..

I got pressie toooo....something for my car..... :D, HT also bot me a gift. I wonder what's tat? Though she forgot to call. But I'm cool.. she is bz with her sis's convocation in KL I understand, thou she did call the vry next morning..which is today.

Alrite.. it has been long winded. Before I end, hopefully my Bday wish do comes true. Cross my fingers. Also a great amount of thanks for those that wishes me. I really love the ever funny facebook comments. Bringing back some good memories of my birthday back in Jkt last year. :D

Comments

Popular Posts