HLB KL

Over the week I'll be required to travel to KL city everyday. I've been assigned to help out a Multicurrency project at Hong Leong Bank till friday.

This is actually my first encounter working in KL city itself. Overall it was so-so. The bad thing about working at the heart of KL is the bad commuting. I need to wake up every morning at 7am, get ready and then drive to Paramount to take the LRT to KLCC. So far.. I've never got the chance to enjoy the seat at all... it was standing and more standing till I reach KLCC, however I would say the bad part of the lrt is not the standing but is being squeezed tightly like sardines.. Upon then after 20 minutes of squeezing and standing.. I am then required to walk about 10-15 minutes before actually arriving at Wisma HL. This is still okay for me. Just standing and walking. It's not really that hot in the morning. It is still bearable.

However things can take a left turn to the worst if it started to rain. The road would all be wet. Lately it rained heavily and for a long long time. Especially after office hours.. from 5 to 7pm which is the PEAK time. On tues it rained so heavily tat my pants are soaked with water. The roads are uneven and there's a lot of puddles here and there...added with the on goin constructions the road is just a mess!. Imagine walking into KLCC with ur pants soaked... so embrassing.. ZZZZZZzz

Anyway.. here's HLB.. quite a unique building.. HAHA.

Here's KLCC on the way back from HLB.

In the morning, the view as you get out of KLCC is really nice.. all modern and high rise buildings are just right in front. The feeling of being in an urban city where opportunities lies everywhere and fill with sucess gives a boost to my spirit to work. It's like a scene cut out from the drama... A threshold of an Era @ "創世紀" .

Anyhow.. there's also the DARK side of KL.



As told by my colleague and my personal encounter this morning, there is this syndicate of so called "MONKS" operating in the KL city. Where these monks will try to hand you or pass you some kind of paper pendants @ "符/Fu" for good blessing. Then they will demand an offering from you. However, the offering must be up to a standard amount. If it is less, it would not be accepted and they will demand more. Their main target are mainly foreigners in which this morning from what I saw, the monk really demand money from them. Occasionally if money are tight they will target the locals too. Such thing.. is really an eyesore. Hopefully, the police or DBKL authorities can do something about them.

Comments

Popular Posts