PAWS Donation Drive

Today I went to Plaza Mont Kiara for some volunteering work. A donation drive for PAWS. I'm actually a volunteer since a couple of months back. PAWS is actually a non profit animal welfare society where it runs an animal shelter at a plot of land near Subang Airport.

Being a volunteer, you can either work in the shelter, taking the puppies out for walks or bathe them. Other than working in the shelter, one can also volunteer by participating in donation events and drive. According to some senior volunteers, every now and then there will be events organized to gather funds to pay for the operations of the shelter. For example.. last year, they did organized an adoption drive at The Curve and a Dogathon @ UPM.
This year the 1st event was the event I participated this morning. Selling some handmade merchandise and going rounds with the donation box. In that event too I got myself a car sticker with the PAWS logo. :).

Besides merchandise, there were some visiting volunteer that helps to promote the donation drive by putting up a small demonstration on dog obedience training. 3 dogs came. A puppy english bulldog, a schnauzer and a collie. All looking vry nice and dandy. Very well trained and they just look sooo cute. The english bulldog was a bit mischievious but vry vry cute as well. Everyone just feel like playing with his chubby face, it has a cute name too.. Bruno.. awww so cute..... ! They do attract a crowd especially kids. :)
However, my personal favourite dog is the schnauzer. In the future if I ever get a dog, a schnauzer would be my 1st choice. Not too big and not too small either just nice. I just love the "misai" look that they have. The other dog a collie, was vry nice looking too. Although it is just 2 years old it is already vry big in size. According to people that's the common traits of a collie. Big and pretty...any one remember Lassie ?? :).

Today's event was really something. Something different that I do from the usuals. It's been quite sometime too since I last did some charity work. The last one was during my secondary school days where me and some frens teams up with a few seniors to gather funds for the North Korea Famine Victims. It was something memorable to me as we've got an opportunity to be in the newspaper. It was something cool for us and after all this years.. believe it or not.. we still keep the newspaper cutting!! HAHAHA.

Comments

Popular Posts