Back to Base & Dubai Recap

It's funny I never got to post my blog more than once in a foreign country. Like in England and Dubai I only managed to post one post from each country..it's either i neva got the time or i am refrained from doing so.

Anyway.. I'm back in KL. Back to work on Monday. Not too sure where I would be as yet, KPMG or OSK KL.. but I just want to forget everything from work for now. It's depressing and definitely would ruin my weekend.

Had some jetlag this morning. I think I recovered quite a bit during the evening. I think I also suffered from dehydration.. Perhaps also the weather in KL is a bit hot.. compared to the cooling air that I had in Dubai last week.

Dubai for a week was fun. If only I had a better company in Dubai.. it's quite boring to be there alone as it's not that fun going around town alone.. the shopping was ok.. but is the dining... it could be better. Anyhow.. it could be a blessing in disguise as I can save up rather than spending a lot going around..

To sum up being in Dubai for a week is really "adequate". More than a week would be a bore. IMHO. hehe.. Perhaps 2 weekends is perfect. To experience it all. Dubai to me is not really a vry pretty country.. the best area to have a stroll is the just Jumeirah area, where the Burj Al-Arab is.. other than that it's just a desert. Another good experience is to go for the the Desert Safari rides.. then shopping.. and that's it. A lot of places in Dubai are still under construction.. a lot of construction site everywhere.. not really a pretty sight. Also.. there are traffic jams in Dubai.. a lot of cars.. tat reminds of me of KL and Jakarta... boring...being stuck in the jam and all.

Most of my time @ Dubai is spent @ my apartment, watching Cable.. watched loads of shows from the Star World & Star Movies channel.. quite nice really.. it's been a while since I watch so much TV.. love the cable .. love the series, dramas, sitcoms, movies.

Maybe in 10 years Dubai would worth a better visit when all the construction is done. All would be more organized.

One thing special and perhaps good about Dubai is it's airport is right smack in the heart of the city.. it's quite near to go to the airport.

The weather for Dec to Jan is great. It's the winter season. Temperatures are on avg of 16-18 degree.. cooling really. Nice.. offices do not need to turn on their aircon.. however sometimes it can get stuffy but then eventually someone will turn on the aircon for a while :).

Foodwise.. it's more to Indian flavours. Tandoori.. is my favourite choice always. Others well not so appetizing.. especially Lebanese food. Iranian love BBQ stuff. The foods of diff countries it's the same thing really.. same grilled chicken, lamb, beef.. the usuals.. The rice also come from the briyani family type of rice.. Most of the time it's grilled stuff n they love to serve it with lots of breads n buns with rice..

Another thing about Dubai, there are loads of Indians and Pakistanese. 8 out of 10 of them are either from India or Pakistan. Mostly people in Dubai are from its neighbouring country like Jordan, Sudan, etc. However from South East Asia, the biggest group there would be the Philippinos..

I think that's about it for Dubai.

Till next time, Cheeers.....

Comments

Popular Posts