A weekend well spent

Being back in Jakarta, has prompt me to being active again. No more cravings or madness on food. Actually my goal by being back to Jakarta is actually to loose some weight, and at the same time to do some self improvements since I've got a lot of free time to spare. Afterall, the system has gone live for almost a year now, stablized you can say....

This weekend many of my project colleagues went back to Malaysia all at the same time. Even my current apartment roommate. This is the 1st weekend of me being in a new unit after moving in to my new apartment. Our previous apartment's contract has expired and we are forced to move to other units that belong to my project as many ppl has been permanently released or some how or rather left the project. To save cost, our contract were terminated.

This weekend is supposely a weekend being alone, not only in the office but also @ home. Due to that fact too, I've planned something to keep me active and not bored. The 1st one is to have a home cooked feast of Bak Kut Teh @ a colleagues house. My ex-apartment roommate promised a mutual colleague of us to cook it as a gift for she is leaving Jakarta next week as she has requested to be based back to Malaysia.

On saturday morning, around 7.30am we went to the market to get the ingredient for BKT. It's actually our 1st visit to the market. The place is called Pasar Tanjung Duren. I would say the market is not as good as the market in Malaysia, less variety, and most of the stalls there sells the same type of veges and it's not really that fresh too. Being that I've given up buying veges there but instead prefer to get it at the supermarket below our apartment. However it's a good market to get Pork cheap and fresh. Also seafoods such as crabs,squids,fish etc.

In the evening we cooked, ate and at the same time while waiting for the soup to be ready, we had a few rounds of Mahjong.

Then today being Sunday, me and some colleague went for a facial treatment @ Ciputra Mall a mall not very far away from our apartment.

Below are some pictures taken @ the shop where we had our treatment.


The 1st pictures is the outlook of the shop. Seems newly opened. Below is a machine for the beautician to determine ur skin type and problems of your skin. After the treatment, you can tidy up how u look before going home as, most of the time after facial ur hair will go haywire :P

A large scale Po(Kung Fu Panda) model @ Ciputra Mall.

After the treatment, went up to another colleague house to have home cooked fried tomyam bihun.. yummy.. I dont eat much as I've will be having tennis game from 8pm till 10pm :).


Overall we had a good game. I've finally got the chance to test the credibility of my racket. Overall it's good but a bit too much on the vibration. Maybe I should go back to find Uncle Mervyn for some tune up on the vibe. :) We'll see :P. After tennis went back home and watched Federer and Nadal play. Seems Nadal is leading winning 2 sets in a row with 6-4, 6-4 for both sets. I gave up watching as Federer is not winning :P. Now I'm blogging.

All in all this is somewhat a weekend well spent. Foods, games, facial and sports. Not bad.. not bad at all :D

Comments

Popular Posts