Reluctance of Leaving on a Jetplane

I have been dreading to go back to Jakarta everytime I come back for my monthly trip. However awaiting tomorrow's flight to Jakarta brings a bit of a different feeling all together.

Tomorrow would be my last business trip to Jakarta. It's been 2 years and 2 months. The number 2 has always taken place in my life a lot of times.. can't believe finally I would be released from my current project and finally be assigned back to KL for good.


Being able to come back has always been my wish. But somehow, after digesting the news these few days... the feel of reluctance kinda creeps in. Perhaps it's the people there... most of them are jolly good fellows and friends. All the good and bad times, happy and sad, funny and crazy. Also the somewhat bizzare style of living there.....

It has been an eventful 2 years and 2 months, I've experienced the nervous feeling of being in Jakarta for the 1st time with many of my colleagues and then experience the depressing feeling of seeing one by one of my colleague leave the project for other project, while some other moved on for better careers and opportunities elsewhere.

I've also experience working hard day in and day out to struggle for a deadline's meet, the struggle of supporting nightly batch run, and the wild wild nites of clubbing till the wee hours of morning, along with the relaxing till the extreme water rafting trips... and the fooood cravings of home cooking to fancy and gourmet dining. All of the above will always be a memory in my life.


However on contrary to my reluctance feeling, another side of me feels the excitement of being able to get back to KL. I'm in the process of getting my driving license having paid the deposit for my car.. hopefully I can be given the opportunity to be based locally temporarily so that I can experience the thrill or some ppl say the agony of driving to work. However in my company, nothing is certain. Recently I've got a news that I might be assigned off to Cambodia next month for a project. Oh well, I could only plan. God will decide. Hopefully everything turns out okay...
Bless me ! :P.

To close, I would vry much miss my life in Jakarta, and all the people there, even my bank Users, they are really nice people. However all good things must end, for better ones to start after it. Hopefully somehow we can still keep in touch. Bye Bye Jakarta.... ??

Comments

Popular Posts