Home and Foods Galore

It's the time of the month. My 6 days 5 nites vacation break in Malaysia. On Saturday morning, hopped on a bus straight home to Penang. I've got all the things lined up. This is gonna be a fun trip back home. Had made the appointment with friends to go out CARI CARI makan as I'm sooo craving for Penang Authentic Hawker Style food..

My 1st target. Thosai. Haven't had that for ages! Everytime i go mamaking.. i tried to order Thosai but was always unavailable..So on that vry Saturday nite, i went out with friends for Thosai. Went to Subaidah a somewhat popular Nasi Kandar chain in Penang. Had thosai. thou, the taste could be better, along with 1 piece of ayam goreng.. Penang is the best..great supper everywhere.. n it's cheap too ! You can't find that in Jakarta man. It's hard to even go out at nite too ! let alone having good food that wont get u sick :P

It was a greak mamaking session, chatting, catching up old times, it's been a long time since we have such a nice chat. Everyone is heading better lifes, most of them got better offers, better prospect jobs.. really happy :).

However we do realise it's getting harder for us to meet more often, everyone is busy with each other's routine.. it's harder once everyone got married and have their own family.

The next day me together with a fren went to Queensbay Mall for shopping..

Before that however one funny incident happened. I was waiting for my fren to come pick me up, and due to certain reason I had to wait for her near some shoplots near my house. I was waiting for quite long as my fren is real late.

Then i realise.. my fav hokkien mee seller was still in business! Now moved to the new shop at the same row. Then i realise all the prev coffeeshop hawker too moved to that new shop. Actually I know about the new shop quite long ago but just dont know that all my fav stalls are moved there. I havent been there for like ages.. That is actually the place I hang out during my primary to mid-secondary school days.

Went there for tuition etc, there's a Famous coffeeshop name Ruby Restaurant tat it's actually regarded as landmark in my Hometown. Tell ppl Ruby and they'll know right away where is it. However, the original boss died, and business was passed to his son. When everything went downhill.. Bad fella raising high rents forcing them to leave. Never liked the guy- almost 40++ uncle, still havent grow up. "Yee Sai Chou" - Rich man's son. Serve him right. Now Ruby has lost its charm. Run down with less business.

Now there's actually one of the seller of the new shop actually recognized me, asked me where am I living now, is it still the same old place.. where have I been, and the most funniest part is.. they tot something happenned to me.. Tat auntie said : "oh.. ic.. now working in KL ah.. no wonder la.. I saw your mom.. but I scared to ask her about you.." ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz. Hahahahahah.. Like tat oso can. I think I must show face regulary la. If not ppl tot I'm dead!... Choi !

Back to Queensbay.. we had lunch at Paddington House of Pancakes. My suggestions entirely. I like Pancakes n in paddington they made it exceptionally special. You guys ought to try it man. We had Tokyo(name of a platter of chicken topped with cheese and ham, with mashed potatoes and this pancake salad as sides)
and Pancake Chicken Burger. Vry filling vry satisfied. After lunch we shopped till about 6pm then head on next to our next stop, Penang's Macalister road for hawker food dinner ! The best place with the most choice at one place. Also my best fren Adelene joined us. :). We ordered like the food is free :P. Stuffed ourself to the max. Had cendul, sze ko thng(dessert with lots of stuff in it, yam,longan,jelly etc), hokkien mee, char koey teow, wantan mee, chu cheong chok, loh bak, fried oyster.. bla bla bla..

Here's some of the photos of the food that we have "MAKANed". The pictures are not taken by me, collection of Penang food from the internet. I just pick what I've eaten. Some of the photos is actually taken from the real shop that we ate.



After dinner, we went to New World to have a walk.. somewhat a flea market area like the one in The Curve KL. But nothing much. After chatting for a while we all headed back home all tired. Really enjoyed the Sunday. If it's a Saturday we might have also gone for a ride to Batu Ferringhi for DVDs :). Perhaps next month???

Tis afternoon too went out with another bunch of friends, for Yam Rice.. vry delicious... pork balls, lean pork, with salted vege soup.. yummy! It's been a loong time since I've sooo indulged in GOOD FOOD. Penang is the best!! I love the food!! I will miss the food.

Going back to KL tomolo morning. My vacation is goin to end soon...

Comments

Popular Posts