Pulau Aman

This trip home was rather eventful. Today I had a "makan trip" to an island nearby Penang, which is Pulau Aman, which translates in english as the Island of Peace. I have been longing to visit this Pulau Aman for its ever famous Mee Udang ever since I first saw it at my friend's facebook photos. Finally the time has come today for me to try it by myself.

Went with a bunch of my hometown friends. We depart from our home to Tambun Jetty at about 10am.  At the Tambun jetty we met up with more people and continued to our boat ride to Pulau Aman. The boat ride  I believe was just less than 10 minutes. It's fun though ~ :P





Pulau Aman is rather a small fishing village island. Nothing much really. The scenery would not be exceptionally beautiful but it's rather close to nature. It's been awhile since I ever been on any island, enjoying the windy breeze of the sea.

After getting our seats at the Restaurant Terapung, we had to wait for another hour before being able to buy some seafood, the fresh catch of the day from the fish mongers as additional dishes for brunch. We had prawn noodles, koey toew, and rice cooked in different ways before ending with a large platter of steamed fresh prawns and fresh mantis prawns. One thing about mantis prawns is that most of us dont really know the way to open them up and eat them. It's really good to have Vincent to be our consultant on how to eat and savour the juicy mantis prawn meat.



After brunch, we took a walk on the island, before heading home. Its been awhile since I tag along in any of their outings. Nevertheless it was quite a good trip with good company.

Comments

Popular Posts