Perseverance & Persistence.

Perseverance and Persistence is what I have learnt this 6 months.

Since the last 6 months, everything seems to go haywire. It all started with my career change, that suddenly shakes my entire lifestyle and beliefs.

At that time, I am working on something that I wanted, but because of some heart crunching issues, I did not follow through and gives up half way. Due to lack of confidence, at that moment, I gave up before even trying, as I felt that it's too much a risk to take. I took the easy way out by believing that that, if the thing is not mine, will not be mine as everything in life is fated. After I have given up, then only i realised if only I had waited/try harder, I can actually own it. From then on, the incident rocked my confidence, my judgement in everything.

Every step I make, every decision I make seems to be harder than usual and is very complicated. I have no idea, what is right or wrong, to do anymore. To me I am so afraid of the outcome that I stood down, frozen not moving an inch, which leads me to nowhere. I took too much things into consideration, I want to have the perfect scenario, I'm afraid to loose anymore.

One after another catastrophe broke out and shattered my life confidence again. First my career, then my life. I began to feel that I am a total failure, in terms of personality, life and career.

Am I that bad ? I cried and questioned myself over and over again. No answer.

I seek help from others but everyone seems to have their own opinion on every other responses and decisions. I could not come to any conclusion at all. In the end, I stopped querying and focussed on myself.

After some quiet moment, calming myself down, I began to see what I should concentrate on, and what I should let go. I should let go of the past and should not try to change the thing that I could not mend but instead to improve on me, myself and I.

From my past mistakes, I realized that I am afraid to take the risk, and not willing to follow through, not doing enough.

From now onwards, I will embrace my life with more confidence and a braver heart. To fight for what I believe in, first with confidence and never take no for an answer. Quote : When there's a will there's always a way. But if one stopped trying, there will never be anything.

Note To Myself : Just go for it ! Dont be afraid of failure but instead correct the wrong and get it right. You cant control the environment but you can see what you can make use of the environment to get to what you wanted.  Nothing comes easy, and finally.. quoted from the Last Lecture,

" the brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something... " - (Randy Pausch, 2007). 

"no matter how many walls there are, we just need to keep breaking it. 'cos what lies on the other side is worth all the trouble "



Comments

Popular Posts