Resignation


Finally the time has come for me to move on to something new. After 4.5 years serving my present company, I've tendered my resignation last Monday morning. 

Being with my present company has truly been a remarkable experience. I had many of my "first experience" moments during my tenure. My first time travelling for work. My first time setting myself on Indonesian soils, where being a fresh graduate then, has this mixed feeling of joy being able to go overseas for working assignment but on other other hand has this nervousness feeling of going to Jakarta, due to some negative news reported by the media. However, Jakarta turns out to be a wonderful place to be and I was there for almost 2 years having an amazing adventure of my life. We as expats, lived like kings, enjoying fine dining cuisine all over from the famous Tony Roma's pork ribs, to the 5 star hotel dim sums to fine Japanese Sushis and many more. 

It was also in Jakarta where I had my 1st nightlife experience. Coupled with a stressed working environment, going clubbing during the weekend was really awesome. We had joy, we had fun going for trips, the memorable Safari visit, the water rafting, the visit of the volcano and also the laid back weekend cooking game~ boiling soups, frying a dish or two, inviting guests over for dinner and ending dinner with "tong sui", everyone is all full and bloated.

It was also during then where I've learned the art to mingle around with people, to be more considerate, be more resourceful and patient.

The later 2 years after Jakarta were then spent back in KL and occasionally out to other sites like Labuan, Dubai and Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. It was during the later 2 years that I've began to grow mentally more mature and more resourceful in my career, having the opportunity to lead for the first time and the opportunity to manage some of the people in my team. Although it was stressful, but it is through it, that I got to know more of myself and more of what I want in life.  

The decision to leave is not easy to make, I will not know how it will turn out to be in the future, but I am looking forward to the new challenge and environment that I would have in my next company and I wish myself GOOD LUCK !  

Comments

Popular Posts