Songs that records memories..

This evening being back from work, me and 2 of my colleagues stopped by at the mall at our apartment for ice cream rather than heading up straight to our apartment.
Along the way we found there's some event goin on at the ice skating ring one level below us. We went to have a look and found that there's a competition goin on.. young girls are dressed up fine and dandy performing to their best. It was really nice to watch them dancing and skating gracefully to the music at the back .. piano scores, themesongs..

At one point, there's this song Go The Distance by Michael Bolton.. somewhat triggers my memory back to my Questnet days.. how hopeful and naive I was back then, thinking I can achieve everything I wan...

Till now, I still havent really get what I wanted. The things that I want is slightly different already actually.. Haha.. the direction is somewhat different now. I just got my increment but somehow I'm not quite happy. The amount to many ppl I believe would be vry good, I should be thankful but... somehow..the feeling is overcome by a greater question. Which is what I want in life. What's my future, my desire? Actually from my university days I've always got my answer just dont know which road to take. I wan a more secure road but there's no 100% guarantee on anything.

Being a bit on the down side, and since the internet line has been down again, I began to listen to songs, 1stly the song GO THE DISTANCE. Vry smoothing to me.. the words.. it's a great song for encouragement.

Music really records our memories in them. For example, last Saturday, me n one of my colleague was at home having nothing to do.. turned our phones for some songs.. according to her there's this particular song by Jacky Cheung that reminds her of the past relationship.. brings back memories.... I absolutely agree.. Me in particular loves listening to Jay Chow's 1st few albums particularly the Fantasy album as that albums actually record my days during my college times living away from home for the 1st time with a bunch of housemates. How all the guys have different different attitude, how they force the entire house to listen to Jay Chow as they open it soo loud .. how me n my ex roommmate become good and best friend ever since..how we even the guys learned to cook for everyone every dinner time, from mon to thursday to save our living cost, how we schedule our chores, to sweep and mop the floor everyday, to the fantasic view at our flat where when it rains, feel's like genting with the mist and all... nice memories. I love keeping good memories, throw away bad ones. When I remember good things, bad things just dont really matter anymore.. Really should have to learn to count my blessings..

Back to the ice cream however, at the end, we did not have any ice cream as the stall was closed for renovation... haha.. For my answer that I'm looking for ? Let's see how it goes. I think I feel better alredy ! :P

Comments

Popular Posts